Garnell Corporate Communications Ltd & associated companies (Garnell)
This privacy statement sets out how Garnell Corporate Communications Ltd & associated companies (“Garnell”) uses and processes any personal information that you provide to Garnell. This can include customers, service providers, business contacts, employees and other suppliers.
Garnell is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Our statement sets out the basis on which any personal information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with our privacy statement.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you as defined in our Information Security policy and in accordance with: The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 1998-2003 and Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) 2003 – 2011.
Processing your personal information
Garnell will only process your personal information as is necessary in the execution of the services provided to you by us and our partner organisations. These can include service providers, other suppliers and business contacts.
The processing of your personal information will be in line with the relevant legal basis as defined in the GDPR. The relevant legal bases we process personal data against are: Contract, Consent and Legitimate Interest.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties unless you have expressly given us your consent or we are required by law to do so.
Data Retention periods
Garnell will only retain your personal information, correspondence and other documents relating to particular contracts, services and orders for 5 years save for any personal data in documents and files we have to keep for a longer period under applicable laws. For example, we cannot erase personal data appearing on VAT invoices before we can delete the invoice from our systems. After which the data will be deleted from our systems and hard copies shredded on site to the BS EN 15713:2009 security shredding standard.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the information that we hold about you, including:
• The right to request details of the information we have about you. To guard against fraudulent requests for access we require the request to be put in writing to us.
• The right to object to processing, for example, to opt out of direct marketing.
• In some circumstances, you have the right to receive some of your information in a usable format and/or request we transmit that data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to information which you have provided to us.
• The right to ask that we update your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
• The right to ask that we erase your information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your information but we are legally entitled to retain it. Where this applies we will notify you.
• The right to request that we restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
• The right to make a complaint with the Information Commissioner, www.ico.org.uk, if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contact us" section below.
To protect against fraud, all requests need to be in writing.
Please contact the Data Controller, Alison Hull by email at: email@example.com
Or in writing to: Alison Hull, Data Controller, Garnell Corporate Communications Ltd, Arundel House Garnell Business Park, Brownfields, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL7 1AY
We will process your request within 30 days.